Ernest L. Martin Audio Lectures
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
1 Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Heb 3:7 Therefore, even as the Holy Spirit says , ``Today if you hear His voice,
Matt 26:24 The Son of Man is going away, even as it is written concerning Him, but woe to that man through whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.
Mark 14:21 For the Son of Man is going away, even as it is written concerning Him, but woe to that man through whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born .
Rev 14:9 And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 He also shall drink of the wine of the fury of God, which is mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath; and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy angels and before the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their tormenting goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.
Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where also the beast and the false prophet were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Matt 24:28 Wherever the corpse is, there will the vultures be gathered together.
Luke 17:34 I tell you, In that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken and the other will be left. 35 There will be two women grinding together; the one will be taken but the other will be left. 36 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left. 37 And they answered and said to Him, Where, Lord? And He said to them, Where the body is, there also will the vultures be gathered together.
Job 39:27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? 28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. 29 From thence she seeketh the prey, [and] her eyes behold afar off. 30 Her young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain [are], there [is] she.
Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour
. And he said to the Jews, Behold, your King! 15 They cried out then, Take Him away! Take Him away! Crucify Him! Pilate said to them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king except Caesar. 16 Therefore at that time he delivered Him to them that He might be crucified. Therefore they took Jesus.
Mk 15:24 And they crucified Him and divided His garments, casting lots for them to see what each should take. 25 Now it was the third hour and they crucified Him.
33 And when the sixth hour came, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour . 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is interpreted, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Matt 27:45 Now from the sixth hour darkness fell over all the land until the ninth hour . 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Lk 23:44 And it was now about the sixth hour , and darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour ,
Ernest L. Martin
wrote The Temples that Jerusalem Forgot
, which proves from scripture and ancient historical documents that the so-called Temple Mount in Jerusalem is not the location of the Old Testament Temple, but rather is the remains of the Roman fort there.
Ernest Martin was formerly a leader of the heretical Herbert Armstrong World-Wide Church of God but left when he realized through study of scripture that the church teaching was seriously at odds with the Bible. He has come to his own conclusions from Scripture without much influence from Christian tradition, and thus has a unique point of view. He now teaches strongly that Jesus is God become a man (denied by Armstrong), but has 2 serious errors in theology: He teaches that 1) the Holy Spirit is not a person (cf Matt 28:19; 2 Cor 13:14; Heb 3:7
) and 2) every person including Judas and Satan will enventually be reconciled to God (cf. Matt 26:24; Rev 14:9-11;20:10
). The 1st error is much more serious than the second because it causes him not to experience the Spirit, and thus is a stranger to the New Testament.
Despite the errors above mentioned, I think that Dr. Martins lectures are valuable. He treats some scriptural subjects more honestly than many and is very knowledgeable of ancient history and archeology. We would not hesitate to listen to a rabbi concerning the Old Testament, so I think we can learn from Dr. Martin.
Having been impressed by Dr. Martin's book, The Temples that Jerusalem Forgot, I bought a bunch of his audio tapes off of ebay, and here make them available to the body of Christ.
I think the best way to listen to these lectures would be to download them and burn them onto a cd data disk as mp3's and listen to them in the car while driving. They don't require much concentration. This requires that your car cd player supports mp3 format.
To play, just click on the links below. To download, right click on the links and pick "Save Target As".
Babylon in Prophecy
- Very good. Gives secular history of Babylon. Shows that Isa 13 and Jer 50-51 have not yet been fulfilled. He thinks both refer to future events. I believe Jer 50-51 only refers to Cyrus' destruction of Babylon in ~500 B.C., but with the end of it not fulfilled until near the end of this age. I believe Isa 13 refers to both the ancient event and to th 1990 Gulf War, with some yet to come.
Anatomy of the Cults
- Interesting perspective from WWCG experience. Says cultish way comes from believing that your group is the only true church, causing you to think that you are better than others.
- good. 1977. Dr. Martin was a meteorologist. Tells how climate has changed since Biblical times and will change more.
Freedom and Responsibility
- 1977 - Emphasizes individual responsibility to an extreme, I think. Minimizes the importance of the church life.
Iran in Prophecy
- Some good history of Iran. Most of his interpretation of prophecy here is wrong. Thinks Iran will destroy Babylon the Great because of Isa 13. He thinks Bablylon the Great is the physical city of Babylon in Iraq. ( I believe Isa 13 refers to Iran massacring Iraq
The Megilloth in Prophecy
- Interesting. Ezra ordained (not in Bible) certain books to be read at each festival: 1) Song of Songs at Passover - Christ's courtship of His people. In early spring. 2) Ruth at Pentecost. The time of barley harvest. 3) Lamentations on Tish b'Av. 4) Ecclesiastes at Tabernacles. 5) Esther at Purim. Each signifies: 1) Christ's 1st coming. 2) the church age. 3) The great tribulation. 4) The millenium. 5) the last battle with Gog and Magog.
The Most Difficult Chapter in the Bible
- on Colossians chapter 2. Most absurd message I have heard from E. M. Perhaps he is losing his mind here. Says that the handwriting in ordinances which was against us was the letter from Acts 15. Shows how a smart man can deceive himself so. It shows what a stranger he is to spirit of the New Testament.
The Passover Contradiction -
interesting. Deals with the apparent contradiction between the Gospel of John and the 3 synoptic gospels in the time of day that Jesus was crucified (Jn 19:14-16; Mk 15:24-25, 33-34; Matt 27:45-46; Lk 23:44
). Points out possible symbolic meaning of John's timing, but gives very wrong
explanation of the apparent contradiction. Martin thinks that John fudged the facts in order to fit a symbolism.
Prophetic Countdown to Christ's 2nd Coming
- quite different from conventional Christian view in details, and some of it seems absurd now. Covers Zech 12-14, Luke 21:29-32. Dan 7. Thinks Cyrus who commands the temple to rebuilt is yet to come. Probably not much value. May cause you to notice some verses that you hadn't paid attention to before, such as for me Luke 21:29-32.
The Bible and UFO's
- 1977 Interesting. Martin was an Air Force meteorologist stationed at Roswell, NM. He saw a UFO. Could not explain. Thinks it was something natural. From his experience, people see what they expect to see.
Unknown Parts of the Bible
- Interesting. Parts of Bible ignored by Christians and Jews. i.e. Proverbs by Agur. Thinks he was a gentile.
The Soviet Union in Prophecy
- 1982 - excellent, but with mistakes, of course. Predicts the fall of the Soviet Union. Says, with good Biblical support, that Gog is Antichrist.
Galatians and the Old Covenant
- by David Ord - Excellent testimony of how this WWCG leader was led by the Lord to see what Galatians meant regarding WWCG's practices of keeping the Old Covenant feasts.
There are others which I have converted to mp3, but did not create a link for. For a full listing of all my Ernest Martin mp3's, go to http://www.voiceinwilderness.info/ErnestMartin/
. I have some more good ones, which I didn't convert to mp3. Contact me if you would like others posted.